Friday, May 9, 2014

What's a'going on around here?

As you can see, I've changed things up a bit!

While I'm of course still vegan (just about 9 years strong now!), the focus of the site is shifting away from its original intention. Instead of discussing veganism, the blog will namely be dedicated to sharing info on the country's fruits, vegetables, and other things that grow within India. This is essentially what I've been doing on here, only now it's explicitly stated as such.

In other news, my book is officially published. After thinking long and hard about what to do with it, I've decided to release it to the public domain. It is free to download, distribute, and use freely, even for commercial purposes (though attribution is always appreciated!). You can do so by clicking on the titles in the sidebar to the right. My strongest drive in writing the book was to distribute it to as many people as possible in hopes of spreading awareness about the marvelous varieties of fruit here in India. I want to inspire others to incorporate more fruits and vegetables in their diet, and I want to remind them of their family's long-forgotten camachile tree growing in their grandparent's yard. Fruits are, to me, as much as a cultural object as textile patterns, musical instruments, and ritual dances--I want to preserve the stories fruits tell, from how they're used as ancient medicine to their role in marriage rites.

So there we have it. Here's to writing about more vegetables!



No comments:

Post a Comment